The Society was founded in 1976 and is a registered charity and is also a member of the Family History Federation It now has a membership of around 650 members, mainly from the UK but also many from overseas. All committee members and those who undertake work for the Society, do so as volunteers.
The main aims of the Society are:
- To advance the study of genealogy and family history with special emphasis on the County of Northamptonshire.
- To assist members in their research by suggesting methods of obtaining information by producing journals and by arranging meetings and lectures.
- To transcribe and index original documents, monumental inscriptions and other material.
- To collaborate with organisations and bodies who have custody of records.
- To find out more about what the Society has to offer please use the
menu items to explore our website.
“Any Family Tree produces some lemons, some nuts and a few bad apples” – Unknown