Benefits of joining NFHS
The Society welcomes anyone interested in discovering more about their Northamptonshire ancestors. We have extensive knowledge of the county, its archives and resources, and can offer advice to assist you. As a member you would be welcome to come along to our meetings, either online or in person.
- Members’ Handbook;
- All editions of the ‘Footprints’ quarterly journal issued during the year;
- A catalogue of memorial inscription booklets and book lists as PDFs
- Free entry to any of the branch meetings, either online or in person (usually 20 of each per year);
- The option to add your name-interests to our names-interest database and to upload your Northamptonshire name-interests to our website;
- A monthly e-Newsletter.
- Access to Members’ Area.
Our membership year runs from 01 July to 30 June of the following year with the same rate for individual, family (at the same address) or corporate. Subscriptions are available for either one or five-year options. If you join between 15 April and 30 June, your membership will run to the end of the following membership-year.
|1 Year||5 Years|
|Printed journal (UK) or by e-mail (UK & Overseas)||£12||£50|
|Printed journal (Overseas)||£18||£75|
Joining as a New Member (Online)
To join, please complete the application form here and click ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the form, after which you will be redirected to the Parish Chest website to choose your subscription option and pay by card.
To join and pay by cheque
• Download the application form here!
• Either complete the form, print and send it with your cheque to the membership secretary at the address shown below Or;
• Click on ‘Submit’ to send your form directly to the membership secretary, then simply post your cheque with your name and address on the back to the membership secretary.
Please make cheques payable to Northamptonshire Family History Society. We can accept dollar cheques (us, Canada, Australia or New Zealand) at the ruling exchange rate but please add on an extra £1.50 to cover conversion costs. We do not accept International Wire Transfers or cash in foreign currency.
Payment can be made via the Parish Chest website. Click <here> to take you to the page for Northants FHS and then click Society Subscriptions on the left menu. You can choose your membership option and pay by card.
Members’ Name Interests
Details of the names you are researching can be added to our Members’ Names Interest database. Members can also have their Northamptonshire (and adjoining counties) interests added to our online database. Find out more here.
Privacy and Data Protection
The Society limits publication of members’ personally identifiable data (PID) in its’ journal to Name and County/State (and Country, if outside of the UK)
Our new Members’ Area will be launched at the end of July. It will contain back copies of our journals since 1976, miscellaneous data sets, membership pages and other resources that members may find useful.
Access to the Members’ Area will be controlled by a password which will be changed in August each year. This will be advised to members at that time.
If you have any queries regarding Membership, please contact:
Mr Peter Brown, 52 Russell Way Higham Ferrers, Northants NN10 8EJ
Telephone: 01933 359590 | Email: Membership Secretary