Benefits of joining NFHS
The Society welcomes anyone interested in discovering more about their Northamptonshire ancestors. We have extensive knowledge of the county, its archives and resources, and can offer advice to assist you. As a member you would be welcome to come along to our meetings, either online or in person.
- Members’ Handbook;
- Personal Names, Marriages and Burials Database booklet in PDF form;
- All editions of the ‘Footprints’ quarterly journal issued during the year;
- Free entry to any of the branch meetings, either online or in person (usually 20 of each per year);
- The option to add your name-interests to our names-interest database and to upload your Northamptonshire name-interests to our website;
- A monthly e-Newsletter (existing members can subscribe here.)
- Access to Members’ Area.
Our membership year runs from 01 July to 30 June of the following year with the same rate for individual, family (at the same address) or corporate. Subscriptions are available for either one or five-year options. If you join between 15 April and 30 June, your membership will run to the end of the following membership-year.
|1 Year||5 Years|
|Printed journal (UK) or by e-mail (UK & Overseas)||£12||£50|
|Printed journal (Overseas)||£18||£75|
Joining as a New Member (Online)
To join, please complete the application form here and click ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the form, after which you will be redirected to the Parish Chest website to choose your subscription option and pay by card.
To join and pay by cheque
• Download the application form here!
• Either complete the form, print and send it with your cheque to the membership secretary at the address shown below Or;
• Click on ‘Submit’ to send your form directly to the membership secretary, then simply post your cheque with your name and address on the back to the membership secretary.
A renewal reminder is issued with the May journal. Payment can be made by BACS after completing a renewal form here, online by card at Parish Chest after completing a renewal form here or by cheque using the form included with your journal (or downloaded here).
Please make your cheques payable to Northamptonshire Family History Society. We can accept dollar cheques (US, Canada, Australia or New Zealand) at the ruling exchange rate but please add on an extra £1.50 to cover conversion costs). We do not accept International Wire Transfers or cash in foreign currency.
You can renew your subscription by standing order from a UK bank account. This is the Society’s preferred method of payment. A form to enable you to set up a standing order can be downloaded here.
Members’ Name Interests
Details of the names you are researching can be submitted for addition to our Names-Interest database. Members can also have their Northamptonshire (and adjoining counties) interests added to our online database. Find out more here.
Privacy and Data Protection
It is customary for NFHS to publish the contact details of new members, of members whose contact details have changed or whose name-interests have been updated, in its journal Footprints, which is sent outside the EU. As NFHS is legally obliged to seek a member’s unambiguous consent before sending any Personally Identifiable Data (PID) relating to them outside the EU, both new and existing members, who have not yet returned a completed PID Consent form, can do so here.
Update your Contact Details
Existing members who wish to update their contact details can do so here.
If you have any queries regarding Membership, please contact:
Mr Peter Brown, 52 Russell Way Higham Ferrers, Northants NN10 8EJ
Telephone: 01933 359590 | Email: Membership Secretary