Benefits of joining NFHS
The Society welcomes anyone with an interest in family history. You don’t have to be an expert to join. If you are interested in researching your family history and want to increase your knowledge of the subject, please come along to a meeting and, hopefully, join us.
- Members’ Handbook;
- Personal Names, Marriages and Burials Database booklet in PDF form;
- All editions of the Footprints quarterly journal issued during the year;
- Free entry to any of the branch meeting (usually 20 each year);
- Addition of your name-interests to our names-interest database;
- The option of uploading your Northamptonshire name-interests to our website.
- A monthly Newsletter is available via e-mail for NFHS members. If you would like to subscribe to the Newsletter, please <click here> and enter your details and quote your membership number in the email.
Our membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June of the following year and the rate is the same for either individual, family or corporate. Subscriptions are available as either one-year or five-year options
|1 year||5 years|
|UK printed or by e-mail||£12.00||£50.00|
|Overseas by e-mail||£12.00||£50.00|
If you join between the 15th April and 1st July, your membership will be carried over to the end of the following membership-year.
The subscription includes copies of the quarterly “Footprints” journal.
Further details of what the Society has to offer can be found in the relevant sections of the website. Additional details are also contained in the Members’ Handbook which is issued to new members.
Joining as a New Member (Online)
Provided that you complete and send the application form as above, there is no need to repeat your contact/other requested details on the Parishchest website, simply add “confirmation of email application”.
To join and pay by cheque:-
- download the application form here!
- Complete the form on your device;
- Print the form;
- Send form to the membership secretary at the address shown at the bottom of this page.
- Please make your cheques payable to Northamptonshire Family History Society. We can accept dollar cheques (US, Canada, Australia or New Zealand) at the ruling exchange rate but please add on an extra £1.50 to cover conversation costs)
Subscriptions can also be purchased or renewed on-line using a credit card
For payment by credit card through Parish Chest, please click here
A renewal reminder is issued with the May journal. Payment can be made by cheque using the form supplied with your journal, by BACS or online using the credit card link above.
If renewing your subscription, you can also pay by standing order from a UK bank account. This is the Society’s preferred method of payment as it saves you having to remember when to pay your subscription and postage and saves the Society administration time. A form to enable you to set up a standing order can be obtained from the membership secretary.
You could set up a standing order and make a Gift Aid declaration.
Members’ Name Interests
Details of the names that you are researching (including parish and dates) can be submitted for addition to the Names Interest database. When you first join these are published in the ‘Footprints’ journal (up to 10 names). Members can request a search of this database, to reveal name(s) which may be relevant to their research, or update their name-interests at any time by completing an MNI Update form online here, download it and e-mail to the Membership Secretary. Updated interests will also appear in our journal.
Members can also elect to have their (Northamptonshire and adjoining parishes) Interests added to our online database. Please click here for more information. If you wish your name-interests to be uploaded, please contact the Membership Secretary
Privacy and Data Protection
If you have any queries regarding Membership please contact:
Mr Peter Brown, 52 Russell Way Higham Ferrers, Northants NN10 8EJ
Telephone: 01933 359590 | Email: Membership Secretary